2014/2015 Ski Season Opening: Nov 22
New Canaan has many ski families and ski enthusiasts that enjoy this great sport from the slopes of Stowe, Okemo, or Stratton all the way to Aspen, Alta, Copper, and Jackson Hole. Launched in January 2013, this club aims to elevate the enjoyment of skiing as a fun and family-driven activity, no matter your ability or where you like to ski! By
joining this club, the goal will be to make it fun while passing on
the savings realized as a ski club.
Having skied for many years, I have been thrilled to expose my own children to the sport and watching them grow up with it. From the magic carpet to the beginner trail and me leading the way, they have now taken over and graduated to more difficult terrain. Of course, breaks for hot chocolates are a must as well in order to stay warm and to keep the fun going. Apres-ski is highly recommended!
2014-2015 Event Schedule:
- Kids' Day @Butternut: December 20th (Sat)
- Copper Mountain Trip (CO): President's Week (~Feb 14 to ~21)
- On Snow Carnival @Okemo: March 6-8 featuring racing (all levels) and other family friendly events
- End of Season Trip (@Sugarbush): March 27-29
Members are ski families and ski enthusiasts that enjoy many of the trails and slopes across New England.
The New Canaan Ski Club is for families that enjoy the social experience of skiing.
Kids love skiing with other kids...and their parents too!
2014/15 Ski Events Posted!
Kids' Skiing? Okemo? Colorado? Sugarbush? Apres-Ski? Racing? Please visit the 2014/2015 Trips & Events page for full details and how to participate. NCSC activities are only available to its ...
Posted Jun 3, 2014, 12:17 PM by Oli Olafsson
Renew Your 2014/2015 Membership Now!
NC Ski Club membership renewals are happening now. Please visit our registration page to complete the registration and payment to receive upcoming news on winter programs! NC Ski Club events ...
Posted Jun 3, 2014, 12:14 PM by Oli Olafsson
April 2014 News
April 13th marks the end of the season for many of the VT Ski Resorts. Jay Peak, Sugarbush, and Sugarloaf (ME) will remain open.The club is actively planning for ...
Posted Apr 8, 2014, 7:43 AM by Oli Olafsson
February 2014 News
We are in the middle of ski season (but only 66 days remaining until the season ends) and the snow is rolling in across New England! Here is what's ...
Posted Feb 10, 2014, 7:12 PM by Oli Olafsson
January 2014 News
- The warm weather in late December and the recent rain affected most VT ski resorts. But, most of the snow reports do seem to convince you that the combined effect ...
Posted Jan 14, 2014, 5:46 AM by Oli Olafsson
December 2013 News
- Ski season is officially underway with more acreage open this early at the VT ski resorts than people remember in recent years. Significant snowmaking improvements and guns have been added ...
Posted Dec 3, 2013, 5:50 AM by Oli Olafsson